Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I am an East Coast Liberal Elitist, and I vote!

Why I am an East Coast Liberal Elitist

I'm no hockey parent. I play tennis.

I don't live in the heartland or on the frontier. I live in Washington, DC. The horror!

I like beer, but I'm no Joe Six-Pack. In my hometown, I once got laughed at by other customers at a liquor store because of the beer I bought because it wasn't American.

I have 100% Kona coffee flown in from Hawaii every other month. I am a member of a community supported agriculture group. I buy wine from a local vineyard.

I don't drive an SUV. I don't even own a car right now. I'm not complaining about gas prices. I often commute by bicycle.

I graduated from an expensive New England liberal arts college.

I got a passport before the age of 40.

My daughter, when she's born, will not be named Bristol or Piper.

My dog, a poodle. He summers on Martha's Vineyard.

I am not so widely read that I read all the newspapers and magazines, but I read The New Yorker.

Sunday mornings are for sleeping.

I don't believe in Jesus the Messiah. I do, however, seem to get him more than most who invoke his name.

I don't even own a single gun.

I'm not in the military, but I chose public service as a career to help society.

My eyeglasses frames are not rectangular.

I'm no energy expert, but I know how to pronounce nuclear. It's got two syllables, like Jesus.

I am never going to be nominated for Vice President for either party.

Let me know if I missed anything.

1 comment:

The leftist southpaw said...

you can clearly state the duties of the vice president as laid out by the Constitution.