Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Liberal Justice System



Last summer, I got a ticket for parking on my street during street sweeping hours. It wasn't totally my fault; my car just wouldn't start. Since I felt like circumstances were somewhat beyond my control, I admitted the violation "with explanation." At best, I hoped the penalty would be reduced. Well, 5 months later, I got the above letter from the DMV. In case you can't read it, it says in pertinent part:

A hearing examiner considered your written explanation and evidence and applicable District of Columbia traffic law and dimissed the ticket described below.... We have cleared your record of liability for this infraction.


I admitted the violation, yet I was absolved of all liability! God bless the liberal justice system!

No comments: